About Kristy O
Kristy Osmunson is the founding member of the world renowned country duo Bomshel. Originally born in Creston, B.C., she grew up playing the fiddle and singing in the mountains of northern Idaho. She later attended the Lionel Hampton School of Music at the University of Idaho, studying opera and jazz before moving to Nashville TN, to continue her music education at Belmont University. Cutting her teeth in the honkytonks on Broadway, and playing regular gigs at the back room of the world famous, Tootsies Orchid Lounge, Kristy learned the lessons of a heard working musician. "I played every night that I was invited, and learned pretty quick, if I wasn't entertaining enough, we were bound to lose our audience." This quickly turned shaped her into the entertainer she is today.
- Founding member of ACM, CMA, DOVE nominated country duo, Bomshel
- Kristy's songs have had over 5.4 million Youtube plays
- Songwriter on three top thirty Billboard singles, including the hit Cheater Cheater, for Joey and Rory
- co-producer/co-writer of the top twenty hit 19 and Crazy for Bomshel
- Film debut with a starring role in The Novem Project
- A lifetime of touring, performing over a thousand shows worldwide
- Last record sold over 250,000 units with over two million Myspace plays
- Chart topping music video with 19 and Crazy stayed at #2 for 3 weeks
- Fiddle player for numerous hit acts, including guest performances with Charlie Daniels, The Gatlin Brothers, Justin Moore, Joe Nichols and many more.
- Kristy's songs have been featured in feature film and TV soundtracks such as Evan Almighty and Gene Simmons Family Jewels